- 31st annual workshop of the Swedish Artificial Intelligence Society (SAIS 2019), June 18-19 2019.
- 1st. International Workshop on Responsible Autonomous and Adaptable Systems (RAAS), June 2019.
- Course: An introduction to deep inference, ESSLLI summer school, August 2019.
- Workshop: Twenty Years of Deep Inference, July 2018, part of FLoC 2018.
- Second FISP Meeting, 8-10 June 2017.
- Subatomic Proof Systems: Splittable Systems, with Alessio Guglielmi. ACM Trans. Comput. Logic 19, 1, Article 5 (January 2018). Pdf.
- Removing Cycles from Proofs, with Alessio Guglielmi and Benjamin Ralph. CSL 2017, Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics (LIPIcs) 82, pp. 9:1–18.
- A study of normalisation through subatomic logic, Thesis (Revised version, 2018). 10-page summary. Shortlisted in the top four by the E.W. Beth Dissertation Prize 2018.
SYSMICS workshop in Vienna, February 2018. Slides.
1st WiL workshop, in Iceland. June 2017. Slides.
FISP kick-off in Innsbruck. November 2016. Slides.
Talk for a general computer science audience at the departmental seminar in the University of Bath. July 2016. Slides.
ALCOP 7, 2016 in Vienna. April 2016. Slides.
WENPS 2015 in Bath. December 2015. Slides.
- Systems Architecture 1- 2015, 2016
- Foundations of Computation 2-2014
- Algebra 2-2014
- Algebra 1-2013
My research areas include logic and proof theory (in particular deep inference). I am interested in the design of formalisms and systems, as well as in applications of logic in intelligent systems.
Previously, I was a postdoc at IRIF (Univ. Paris Diderot).
I obtained a PhD from the University of Bath under the supervision of Alessio Guglielmi. Before that, I did a MASt in Mathematics at the University of Cambridge (part iii of the mathematical tripos), and even before that I studied an undergraduate in Mathematics at the University of Barcelona.
You can reach me at andrea dot aler at umu dot se . You can find me in room D418, 4th floor of MIT-huset in Umeå University.