- A story of multiplicatives and additives.
5th International Workshop on Structures and Deduction, June 2019. Invited talk. Slides.
- New normal forms for proofs via deep inference.
Journées PPS 2018, November 2018. Slides.
- A study of normalisation through subatomic logic.
SYSMICS workshop, February 2018. Slides.
1st WiL workshop, June 2017. Slides.
- Decomposition and cycles: isolating two complexity-generating mechanisms.
FISP kick-off, November 2016. Slides.
- Generalising cut elimination through subatomic proof systems, or the math stuff that I do.
Talk for a general computer science audience at the departmental seminar in the University of Bath. July 2016. Slides.
- Generalising cut elimination through subatomic proof systems.
PCC 2016, May 2016. Abstract. Slides.
- Generalising cut-elimination through Subatomic Logic. –
ALCOP 7, April 2016. Slides.
- A Generalised cut-elimination Procedure through Subatomic Proof Systems.
WENPS 2015, December 2015. Slides.
PCC 2015, May 2015. Abstract. Slides.
I am a postdoc at Umeå University. I work with Virginia Dignum in a WASP project focused on the formal verification of ethical principles of AI systems.
My research areas include logic and proof theory (in particular deep inference). I am interested in the design of formalisms and systems, as well as in applications of logic in intelligent systems.
Previously, I was a postdoc at IRIF (Univ. Paris Diderot).
I obtained a PhD from the University of Bath under the supervision of Alessio Guglielmi. Before that, I did a MASt in Mathematics at the University of Cambridge (part iii of the mathematical tripos), and even before that I studied an undergraduate in Mathematics at the University of Barcelona.
You can reach me at andrea dot aler at umu dot se . You can find me in room D418, 4th floor of MIT-huset in Umeå University.